3-Day Missions Training Retreat
Without adequate training:
- Teams can unintentionally cause harm
- Little to no long term change will occur in host communities
- No significant long term change will occur in team members
What Topics Are Covered?
1. Culture & Worldview:
Learn how to interact with those that are different than us with sensitivity and how to understand culture with thoughtful intelligence.
Explores the question “What is poverty?” within a Biblical context and how we relate with those from different socio-economic levels than us.
3. Story & Communication:
Understand how to share our story in a way that leads others to the Gospel and how to communicate in a cross-cultural setting with maximum effectiveness.
4. Helping without Harming:
Learn the principles to follow in order to do missions well and wrestle with some common ways that those with good intentions can unintentionally cause harm.
5. Poverty Challenge:
Participate in a simulation where teams make decisions as a family living on $2/day and are forced to consider difficult situations that are normative for those in economic poverty.
Other Essential Components Of Missions Training:
- Team Building
- Experiential Prayer
- Cultural Simulations
What’s The Cost/Details?
*We encourage you to build this into the cost of your trip and have the students fundraise the training cost.
The question is… can you afford not to do in-depth mission training prior to your trip?
- All costs for the 3-days including food & lodging
- Custom Journal, Field Guide, Devotional, Re-entry Guide per participant
- T-shirt and other team gear
- Pre-Training curriculum & guides for additional trip preparation
Does NOT include:
- Transportation to and from Mission Training (located in Poconos, PA)
- Costs associated with your mission trip.