Frequently Asked Questions
Is Touch the World affiliated with a denomination?
Who will lead my trip?
If you have a group with your own leaders, TTW takes great pride in our leader training program to adequately prepare and equip the adults that will be leading your team. Leader Training typically takes place as a one day seminar or is worked into the Missions Training schedule and is included in the cost of your missions trip.
What will I be doing at each location?
Will we be working with other groups?
Is transportation included?
All ground (in-country) transportation is included in the trip price. If you are traveling with a group, check with your group coordinator to see what transportation is included.
With the exception of the LEAD Program, airfare is not included in the estimated trip cost since those prices vary depending on time of year, size of group, and how early you apply. Additionally, all team members are responsible for their own transportation to/from Missions Training.
Can I book my own airfare?
Are there any additional expenses for my team?
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- Passport application fee and photos, if needed
- Doctor’s fee for physical examination (only needed for those on daily medications)
- Travel medications and immunizations, recommended for some international locations (Yellow Fever on average costs $130 and Typhoid $90 plus consultation fees)
- Notary fees (please note that TTW offers notary services at no charge)
- Traveler’s Insurance (REQUIRED for all flying/international teams)
- Supplies for support raising such as envelopes, printing costs, and stamps
- Special clothing or other items needed for training or trip (i.e. work boots, sleeping bag, water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.)
- Transportation to Mission Training and pick-up
- Any medical expenses incurred while on the trip.
- Additional transportation costs incurred if a participant is sent home early for any reason
- Late fees See Financial Policy
- Cancellation or penalty fees in the event of cancellation See Financial Policy